Hey guys, I know very recently I did the ‘Liebster Award’ but I’ve been ever so kindly nominated for the Blogger Recognition Award and wanted to get it up as soon as possible. I was kindly nominated twice! By the lovely Lou-Ekai who blogs about parenting, beauty and lifestyle! She’s super lovely and has inspirational posts, so make sure you go and check her out! I was also nominated by the sweet Lilyxoxoh who posts about beauty, fashion and other thoughts she wants to write about! She’s also been blogging what she gets up to on her holiday so make sure you go have a read! Thankyou to the both of you for kindly nominating me!
- Thank the person who nominated you and leave a link to their blog
- Write a post about your nomination
- Explain how your blog started
- Give two pieces of advice for new bloggers
- Select 15 other bloggers you want to give this award to
- Comment of each of their blogs to let them know you nominated them.
How ‘Ana’s Lil’ Blog’ was born
When I was about 11, I discovered Zoella on YouTube, I became a fan of her and her videos and then also read her blog. Ever since, I had continued to discover new bloggers such as InTheFrow, Fleur De Force, Lily Pebbles etc and became very fond of watching and reading Beauty Blogger’s content. I always wanted to create my own blog, as well as being a fan of many, I have also always had a passion for writing and beauty so I thought why not mix it together. Throughout high school, there was multiple times where I nearly started a blog. I remember telling my friends about how I wanted to start one, but then I always chickened out and thought nah, it’s not the right time. Which I am actually glad about, since I feel like now I understand it all and won’t look back on my posts thinking my content was embarrassing or anything like that. Anyway I had finished my GCSE’s and it was the Summer holidays, it got to August and I just decided to make the blog and stop procrastinating doing it. What’s the harm in trying, I thought. So I went onto wordpress.com and signed up using the name anaslilblog. Then on the 27th August my first ever blog post (click here) was published.
P.S. Very sorry for the unnecessary ramble.
- BE YOURSELF. Don’t ever feel like you should do what everyone else is doing purely for more people to like your blog. Write about whatever you want, whenever you want, because the truth is; there is always space for more bloggers, and there will always be people interested in what you have to say. I think people will be interested more so if you have refreshing content that is original anyway and isn’t the exact same – you don’t need a marble background, or super expensive makeup to photograph. You do you, gal!
- SOCIALISE WITH BLOGGERS. I can be quite an anxious person so I get shy talking to new people in person, and even when I first made my blog I felt too awkward to talk to other bloggers – but honestly, the blogging community is amazing. Everyone is so kind, welcoming and supportive. Follow other bloggers, support them by liking and commenting on the content you enjoy and you’ll get support back. Plus on Twitter, there is many blogger chats you can get involved with where so many different bloggers who blog about different things all come together. I recommend @BloggersTribe who are so supportive – during and outside of chats – and like and RT anytime you tweet your blog post and tag them. There is also @GRLPOWRChat who run some great chats also and RT bloggers content!
Rosie’s Life, Simple Serenity, Tales From The Thrift Shop, Fashionanita, Coffee and Coats. Dreaming Of Pink, Keri Elaine, Pretty Pink Piglet, Cincy Couture, Kittyp0p, Beautiful, Creative, Inspiring … Life, Totally Bored Blogger, Belle Vie, Topic Trends, and BeccaPBeauty.
I nominated these people because I love all of their blogs, by no means does this mean they have to participate though, that’s totally fine! However, I hope you all enjoyed reading this, and thankyou again for my nomination!